Thursday, September 29, 2011

''Marigolds'' Lizabeth's Shoes

I chose prompt B because I have had many situations where my grandma was worrying about the bills and how she was going to pay them.She was a foster mom of six children, but when my brother,sister,and my younger brother got moved into different homes all of their checks got taken away. So my grandma had to live paycheck to paycheck and we had to compromise a lot. I started to work for people at my church by cleaning their houses or washing their cars so that I could give the money to her at the end of the month so we could have a little bit extra. At first, I was always the youngest and didn't have to do anything but when people started packing their bags and leaving I had to grow up and help my family. I still help my grandma a little bit because I moved out and that's even more of a check that she doesn't have anymore. I'm glad I'm able to help because she was always there for me when I needed something.

2 comments:

  1. I am happy to hear that you had the chance to help out. I am very proud of you too. I am also glad you had a grandma like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like hone this post reveals your compassion and maturity. It must have been challenging to work and maintain your studies.

    ReplyDelete