Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Jammer dinner

I had a lot of fun at the Jammer dinner. The dinner was held at the Del Mar race track on the top floor. When we walked onto the floor where it was held Jammer was there to greet us and so was our sponsors. They had appetizers and juice for us to munch on while we waited for the real food. The sponsors at my table were really nice and told us about their jobs and how they met each other. It was really sweet. When the food came I was really hungry and so were the people sitting at my table. They had this buffet of pasta and salad and that filled me up pretty fast. After we ate we were whisked downstairs to pile onto a hay ride so we could see the parade of lights. The race track was full of lights of different types of sports and snowmen. By the time the ride was over I was freezing cold and wanted to hurry inside. We got desert and hot chocolate was served on the lower level and we got to sit outside by a fire. When desert was finished we were told to go back upstairs so we could get our presents. I hurried and got on the elevator before anyone else because I was eager to get my presents. I got to my table and they told us to open our presents right away. I didn't want to ruin the wrapping paper, but after five minutes of trying to be gentle I stated to ripped the paper off by chunks. I got a girls basketball, Skull candy headphones, and a New York city poster that I really wanted. I didn't really get what I asked for but I'm still grateful that I got something, because there was twenty children that did not make it to Christmas.

1 comment: