Monday, March 5, 2012

Homonyms Practice Blog Paragraph

It was our second game of the season, and we were all excited for this one. We were playing St. Josephs and we were positive that we were going to win the game. We went to a rec. center gym because THEIR gym was under construction. When we drove THERE all I could think of was concentrating on the game, and not let anything get me down. When we arrived at the rec. center we got out and immediately got looks from the girls moms and dads. I didn't let that phase me though. we knew that the team was going to be late THEY'RE always late to the games. We stared warming up after we put on our shoes, and took off all of our jewelry. I was starting that game so I had to make sure that I warmed up and stretched the right way. When the game started we were on fire! In the first quarter it was 17 to 8 and we were invincible. I was taken out of the game for rest, then things started to get bad. I guess we started thinking that we didn't have to try that hard because the other team was losing anyway. Boy were we wrong! Have you ever had that feeling that if you pushed just a little bit harder that you wouldn't had failed and let YOUR team down? That's exactly how I felt when I was put back in the game and I didn't try my hardest. It's the worst feeling in the world when you believe that YOU'RE the reason for YOUR teams lost. I learned a lesson that day, if your put your full effort into everything you do great things will come out of it. We lost that game but we lost with dignity..

1 comment: